Taking timber buildings to the next level
The UK has led the way in pushing boundaries of building with timber over the past 20 years. It's time to take timber buildings to the next level!
The Better Timber Buildings conference on 15 November 2018 in London aspires to support individuals looking to hone their talents when it comes to designing superb structures in timber.
The day will involve four central sessions and attempts to unite inspirational case studies with hands-on guidance where high-performance is critical.
Learn from the best
- Anthony Thistleton, Waugh Thistleton, will share his forecast on structural timber in the 2020s;
- Paul Edwards, Arup, presents the Macallan Distillery, arguably one of the most complex timber structures ever built in the UK;
- James Norman runs a timber building concept design masterclass using some extreme examples
- Kelly Harrison, Heyne Tillett Steel, and Greg Cooper, Hybrid Structures, demonstrate practical impact of the new National Structural Timber Specification guide using recent case studies
- Rupert Scott and Robin Lancashire, Trada, will talk fire safety requirements and durability of timber structures
- Marc Separovic, NHBC, introduces findings from the NHBC report on timber buildings
- Oliver Booth, Gardiner & Theobald will advise on correct costing
Click here to download the full seminar brochure.
Book your ticket here.