- This website is owned and operated by Wood for Good. Wood for Good is the timber industry’s campaign to promote use of wood in design and construction. As such, we have many supporters and we actively engage with the wood industry, with designers, specifiers, architects, trade bodies and more.
- By using this website, and providing us with information, you consent to its use in line with this policy. Wood for Good will always handle information in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (2018).
Information that we collect from you
At various points throughout the site, we may ask you to provide information so that we can provide services to you. The information is collected and used as follows:
- If you register for our newsletter, we collect your email. That’s it. This information is used by us to contact you about Wood for Good’s news, case studies, events, training opportunities and general activities.
- If you submit a case study through our website then we collect information related to the project, i.e. project name and location, project information, use of timber, architect and designer, engineer, timber supplier/joiner, builder/contractor, client and associated photography. This information is stored and will be related to the user who submits the information. In addition, we capture the name, email and associated files (if supplied) by the user.
- If you contact us through the contact us page, then we capture first name, surname, email and and associated enquiry.
Other information that we collect
When you visit the site, we log the IP address of the machine you used to access our site with. This is purely to track and analyse the use of our website using analytics. The IP address is a unique number that is used on the Internet to identify a unique computer for the purposes of allowing computers to communicate with each other.
Certain features of our site require cookies in order to function. For more information on the different types of cookies that we use, please refer to our dedicated cookies page.
Security of information and files
Wood for Good takes the security of any information we hold very seriously, and will always implement security measures that are in line with, or exceed current best practice and recommendations.
Where necessary, and in common with other websites, we use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to ensure that information provided to us is not visible to anybody else when in transit between your computer and our servers. You can tell when SSL is in use by the presence of a small “padlock” symbol in the status bar of your web browser.
All of our servers are housed in a secure environment with high levels of physical security, and access is only permitted to a handful of security screened staff.
Amendments to data
For the purposes of the GDPR (2018), the controller of all information collected on this website is:
The Building Centre
26 Store Street
If you wish to view, delete or amend any of the information we hold on you, this can be done by contacting us through the web site, using the manage data page or by writing to us at the address provided above.
If you require further information or have any questions regarding this policy, then please contact us here.